Jennylyn Mercado became a star in front of millions of Filipinos watching at home when she won the first ever StarStruck reality TV series. Blooming immensely into a regular featured celebrity in many of GMA’s TV shows and movies, she has also launched her singing career and now has three studio albums released. Her albums are a huge success and she has held a sold-out birthday party concert at the Music Museum in 2009.
Though she has been in many films, Jennylyn’s most critically acclaimed performance was in Rosario, a historical drama released in 2010.
Jennylyn is the proud mother of Alex Jazz, a child she had with Patrick Garcia back in 2008. This wasn’t a hindrance to her rising star though. In fact, she has gotten even sexier and more popular than before and she has consistently been in FHM’s sexiest women since 2004.
- Starstruck 1 – Ultimate Female Survivor (2004)
- 2005 FAMAS Awards German Moreno Youth Achievement Award
- Metro Manila Film Festival People’s Choice Best Actress (Blue Moon, 2006)
- Yahoo OMG Philippines Awards Hottest Actress 2011
- US Girls Face of the Year 2011
- Nominated – Best Actress LUNA Awards, PASADO Awards, 54th FAMAS Awards (Rosario, 2011)
- Jennylyn was a battered child, and she made the headlines in 2004 when her step-father burned her skin with cigarettes.
- She’s a triathlete and has competed in many events.